WHAT ARE VCF Vaginal Contraceptive pre-filled applicators?
VCF Contraceptive pre-filled applicators are single use applicators pre-filled with a gel substance containing a safe and effective spermicide.
With VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel applicators, you are in control of your body and protecting yourself against unwanted pregnancy. Enjoy intimacy more with the knowledge that you have protected yourself from getting pregnant.
HOW DO VCF Vaginal Contraceptive pre-filled applicators work?
The Gel forms a protective gel barrier at the entrance to the cervix. It also contains a powerful spermicide. The presence of this spermicide in the uterine cavity will create an environment designed to kill sperm upon contact.
HOW EFFECTIVE are VCF Vaginal Contraceptive pre-filled applicators?
When the directions are followed, and VCF Contraceptive Gel is used properly, the pre-filled applicators are up to 94% effective in preventing pregnancy.
HOW DO YOU USE VCF Vaginal Contraceptive pre-filled applicators?
Directions for Use
Be sure to read directions carefully.
1. Wash hands before using VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel.
2. Remove personal applicator and plunger from wrapper.
3. Pull blue cap off the top end of the personal applicator.
4. Insert the smaller, pointed tip of the plunger into the bottom end of the personal applicator until you feel resistance. Do not push the plunger past the feeling of resistance. The applicator is now ready for use.
5. Hold the personal applicator at the bottom. While using a finger to keep the plunger from falling out, gently insert the applicator into the vagina as far as it will comfortably go. Insertion is accomplished more easily when in a sitting position or while lying on your back with the knees bent.
6. Press the plunger to dispense VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel. While continuing to hold the plunger down, remove the applicator from the vagina.
7. Throw away the applicator, plunger and wrapper after use. Do not flush in toilet or re-use.
8. VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel is effective immediately and up to 1 hour after application.
9. Re-apply prior to each sex act, even if sex occurs within 1 hour of first application.
10. Douching is not recommended after using VCF Contraceptive Gel. However, should you desire to do so, wait at least 6 hours after sex to allow enough time for effective contraceptive protection.
How effective is VCF contraceptive Gel?
Can I use it after intercourse and have it still be effective?
Is it safe for breastfeeding mothers?
Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to VCF?
Is it harmful if ingested?
Does VCF protect against STIs such as HIV?
Should I be using more than one method of birth control?
Do I have to use another Applicator for each act of intercourse?
Proper use and how do I use it?
Can I have oral sex while using the product?
Is it is safe to use lubricants with VCF and in conjunction with other forms of birth control for added protection against pregnancy?
Can I use 2 applicators/products at the same time?
Can I go in a pool or a hot tub?
Nonoxynol-9 – Is the active ingredient that acts as a spermicide. How much N-9 is in the product?
How long does it last?
Shelf Life/Expiration Date
Can I get my money back?
Gel - How does it work?
Gel - The inside of the applicator looks empty.
VCF® is awesome! I hated the pill, I was always nauseous and I also gained a lot of weight. Other contraceptives were expensive and messy. This is inexpensive, and worked well; it’s not noticeable once it’s in, and it has a high rating of protection. The best part about VCF is that it hardly costs anything it is easy to use and effective. I can relax and enjoy my time with this product!!
I am a current user of VCF®. I have zero complaints. Its effective. Neither of us can tell it’s there. Back when I was dating my now husband about 7 years ago, condoms just weren’t cutting it. They were uncomfortable and they would occasionally get lost so we were looking at the shelf trying to figure out our options and picked up a box of VCF and we’ve been using it ever since.
This product is awesome and great for anyone who doesn’t want to use a hormonal birth control due to all the side effects. Being intimate is a special time and with VCF® it’s a no worry time… Thanks VCF!
We started using VCF® after our son was born; the health department recommended VCF since it’s hormone free and can be used while breastfeeding. We now have two kids and aren’t looking for more and this works as our primary birth control method. Not huge fans of condoms so this is a great alternative.
I’ve been using VCF® for over 5 years now and I can honestly say it’s my “go to” method of protection when I want to feel completely safe and protected. It’s very easy to use, doesn’t irritate my skin, and has no taste or smell. I would highly recommend VCF as a form of birth control over any other birth control method.