HOW DO YOU USE VCF Vaginal Contraceptive pre-filled applicators?
Directions for Use
Be sure to read directions carefully.
1. Wash hands before using VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel.
2. Remove personal applicator and plunger from wrapper.
3. Pull blue cap off the top end of the personal applicator.
4. Insert the smaller, pointed tip of the plunger into the bottom end of the personal applicator until you feel resistance. Do not push the plunger past the feeling of resistance. The applicator is now ready for use.
5. Hold the personal applicator at the bottom. While using a finger to keep the plunger from falling out, gently insert the applicator into the vagina as far as it will comfortably go. Insertion is accomplished more easily when in a sitting position or while lying on your back with the knees bent.
6. Press the plunger to dispense VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel. While continuing to hold the plunger down, remove the applicator from the vagina.
7. Throw away the applicator, plunger and wrapper after use. Do not flush in toilet or re-use.
8. VCF Vaginal Contraceptive Gel is effective immediately and up to 1 hour after application.
9. Re-apply prior to each sex act, even if sex occurs within 1 hour of first application.
10. Douching is not recommended after using VCF Contraceptive Gel. However, should you desire to do so, wait at least 6 hours after sex to allow enough time for effective contraceptive protection.